Guardant Health Guardant360® CDx First FDA-Approved Liquid Biopsy for Comprehensive Tumor Mutation Profiling Across All Solid Cancers
The Guardant360 CDx FDA approval was based on clinical and analytical validation data from over 5,000 samples. In a retrospective analysis of data from pivotal phase III clinical trials, FLAURA and AURA3, non-small cell lung cancer patients identified for treatment with Tagrisso (osimertinib) using the Guardant360 CDx demonstrated progression-free survival rates consistent with those identified using traditional biomarker testing. Since being introduced as a laboratory developed test (LDT), the Guardant360 liquid biopsy LDT has become widely accepted for blood-based CGP with more than 150 peer-reviewed publications.1 It has been used by more than 7,000 oncologists nationwide, and more than 150,000 Guardant360 tests have been performed to date.1 The test is broadly covered by Medicare and many private payers, representing over 170 million lives.1
“The FDA approval of Guardant360 CDx is a landmark decision, demonstrating the value liquid biopsy delivers to oncologists and more importantly, the patients they treat. Traditional tissue biopsy-based tumor profiling, which is often invasive and has longer turnaround times, can contribute to delays in starting treatment and possibly suboptimal therapy. We applaud the FDA for their collaborative review process and for approving the first comprehensive genomic profiling liquid biopsy test,” said
“Personalized medicines such as Tagrisso have been truly life-changing for many non-small cell lung cancer patients who have certain EGFR mutations and are most likely to benefit from this medicine,” said Dr.
Each year, more than 600,000 people die from cancer in
Since the company’s inception,
About Guardant Health
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets, and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360® and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of federal securities laws, including statements regarding the potential benefits and advantages of the Guardant360 CDx, which involve risks and uncertainties that could cause the actual results to differ materially from the anticipated results and expectations expressed in these forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include those discussed under the caption “Risk Factors” in Guardant Health’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2019, its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the period ended
Guardant Health. Data on file. August 1, 2020. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm. Accessed August 1, 2020.
- Shaw AT, Riely GJ, Bang Y-J, et al. Crizotinib in ROS1-rearranged advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC): updated results, including overall survival, from PROFILE 1001. Ann Oncol. 2019;30(7):1121-1126.
- Ramalingam SS, Gray JE, Ohe Y, et al. Osimertinib vs comparator EGFR-TKI as first-line treatment for EGFRm advanced NSCLC (FLAURA): Final overall survival analysis. Ann Oncol. 2019;30(5): v851-v934.
- Garon EB, Hellmann MD, Costa EC, et al. Five-year long-term overall survival for patients with advanced NSCLC treated with pembrolizumab: Results from KEYNOTE-001. J Clin Oncol. 2019;37(28):2518-2527.
- Camidge DR, Dziadziuszko R, Peters S, et al. Updated Efficacy and Safety Data and Impact of the EML4-ALK Fusion Variant on the Efficacy of Alectinib in Untreated ALK-Positive Advanced Non–Small Cell
Lung Cancerin the Global Phase III ALEX Study. J Thorac Oncol. 2019;14(7):1233-1243.
- https://www.hcp.novartis.com/products/tafinlar-mekinist/metastatic-nsclc/efficacy/. Accessed
August 1, 2020.
- Gadgeel SM, Garassino MC, Esteban E, et al. KEYNOTE-189: Updated OS and progression after the next line of therapy (PFS2) with pembrolizumab (pembro) plus chemo with pemetrexed and platinum vs placebo plus chemo for metastatic nonsquamous NSCLC. J Clin Oncol. 2019;37(suppl; abstr 9013).
- Sandler A, Gray R, Perry MC, et al. Paclitaxel-carboplatin alone or with bevacizumab for non-small-cell lung cancer. N Engl J Med. 2006;14;355(24):2542-2550.
- Hagemann IS, Devarakonda S, Lockwood CM, et al. Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing in Patients with Non–Small Cell
Lung Cancer. Cancer. 2015;121:631-639.
- Parsons HA, Beaver JA, Cimino-Mathews A, et al. Individualized Molecular Analyses Guide Efforts (IMAGE): A Prospective Study of Molecular Profiling of Tissue and Blood in Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;23(2); 379–386.
- Wyatt AW, Annala M, Aggarwal R, et al. Concordance of Circulating Tumor DNA and Matched Metastatic Tissue Biopsy in Prostate Cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2018;110(1):djx118
Source: Guardant Health, Inc.